Monday, June 30, 2014

Only After All That We Can Do

This week we had a really great Zone Conference.  It was really strange to think that it was my last one.  I was really grateful to have been in the same building as my first one. We talked a lot about Christ-like attributes and the necessity to develop them as missionaries and members (see video at http://bcove.me/h6f3dm8u)


We had a nice miracle the night of Zone Conference.  Sister Lapides and I had an appointment set several days in advance with an investigator and our hope was to find -- with the help of the members -- someone to bring with us to the lesson.  We fasted and prayed for success with that specific investigator.  Two hours before our lesson we still didn't have a member lined up.  We called EVERYONE, even some of our less-active members ... we were desperate.  Right as I was about to give up and just go to the lesson without a member, a recent convert in the Elders' area came to my mind.  After a few calls to get her information were were able to get a hold of her and 45 minutes before our lesson she said she was able to come with us. It was the first time that she was able to go out with the missionaries and we had a pretty good lesson.  I see it mostly as an answer to our fasting and prayers and I've truly come to know that it isn't until we've done ALL that we can when our efforts are rewarded.

We also had an investigator come to church who was found by the seminary and institute list.  We are planning on setting a date with her this week.

Well, that's about it for this week!

Much Love, Sister Crompton

Me and my companion, Sister Lapides

No comments:

Post a Comment