Monday, May 5, 2014

Heading to Barbados

I don't know if Kallina can see this blog ... but, if so, HAPPY BIRTHDAY THIS WEEK!
So the news is that I'll be transferred this week over to BARBADOS.  I'm real sad to be leaving St. Maarten.  I feel like it's my home.  Nine months is quite a long time.  I do love this area and the members of the branch so much, and I'm so grateful to have served the people here.
This week we truly witnessed how much the Lord is preparing those around us.  We've been able to teach an investigator who the Lord had put plenty of members in her path throughout her life and after debating for quite some time on whether or not to join the church, she finally decided and e-mailed us last week and asked us to take the missionary lessons!  Because she has been around the church for so long she is very familiar with everything that we're teaching and it's been the easiest teaching experience I've ever had.
I know that the greatest proof there is that this gospel is true can be found in the lives of the members who live the teachings and the standards of the church.  It truly is by "their fruits ye shall know them" (Matt 7:20).
It really is sad leaving St. Maarten but I'm so happy about all that is happening in the branch right now and how much the Lord is pouring blessings upon the members here.  I'm just excited to see the growth when I do come back eventually.
Much Love,
Sister Crompton

No comments:

Post a Comment