Monday, February 10, 2014

Staying in St. Maarten!


So this week we got our transfer calls.  I will still be staying here in St. Maarten and my companion, who I just finished training, will be sent off to Trinidad.

I'm sad to say goodbye to Sister Tia.  I've truly had some of the best times on my mission with her but I know that she'll do awesome in Trinidad.  Last week our district leader asked us to do a musical number for district meeting and then after that Elder Thompson (who is our current branch President) asked if we could do it at church this past Sunday.  We sang “Love at Home” – the first verse in English and the second in Tongan.

We don't know the name of my next new companion. She is brand new (again) and we won't know until Tuesday or Wednesday who she will be.

This week the Branch had 2 baptisms.  The Dutch Elders have been doing amazing work and baptized two very awesome new additions to the Philipsburg Branch.  We've had some really great lessons this week and we're really trying to have more member involvement in the work.  We've been getting a lot of comments by the members from our recent baptisms but they don't realize that they are the ones that make the magic happen.  Their testimonies and gospel living that our investigators see at church is what really makes all the difference.

I'm interested to see what this new transfer will bring in.  More news on the change next week!

Much Love,
Sister Crompton


Our newest members at their baptism
 


Says it all ...

I'll miss Sister Tia!


We went to a place on the island this morning where you can walk out in shallow waters to other small islands



No comments:

Post a Comment