Monday, January 13, 2014

Following the Spirit

First let me just shout out and thank all those who sent packages this week!  Thank you the McDevitts (and especially Liam and Erin for the cards!), Mom and Dad, Grandmommy and Grandaddy, and the members of the Burke ward!  Also the Christmas cards from the Ayers and the Tanners!  It does take a while ... but letters and packages do eventually get her to St. Maarten! 

This week was good.  On Tuesday I had taught our Zone Meeting which was new and fun.  I loved the messages and lessons that the mission has us relay to the other missionaries and I just hope I did a good job!

This week I had a strong prompting to bring an older member over to another older member's home.  They both have limitations that prevent them from coming to church, but I knew that they have been good friends for decades so I thought it would be nice for them to see each other (since they hadn't in a few months). It was a nice visit for both of them and I just remember thinking that if I'm that old and lonely, I hope that some nice young kids would carry me over to my best friends house.  Well let me just say that I'm really glad that I followed the prompting because we found out that one of the ladies passed away this morning.  I can't imagine how I would feel if I didn't follow the Spirit.  Like President Monson always says "never delay a prompting!"

This next week we'll have our own Zone Conference here so President and Sister Mehr will be joining us on Sunday at Church and then the conference will be on Monday, so I probably wont be able to write until Tuesday or Wednesday.  Sister Tia and I have been working hard on our memorizing as our mission President has asked us to memorize and recite at Zone Conference a whole chapter in the Book of Mormon (I picked 2 Nephi 2), all the Articles of Faith, D&C 31, D&C 121:34-46 while still have to keep in our memory D&C 4 and D&C 20:37. So we have our work cut out for us.

That's about it for this week!

Much Love,
Sister Crompton

No comments:

Post a Comment