Monday, November 18, 2013

Having Peace During Trials

Before I forget, I want to start and give a shout out to Carol Baker and Grandmommy for the letters.  Thank you so much!

This week will be transfers and I'm sad to say bye to Sister Joseph.  She will be going to Tobago and I will be staying in St. Maarten.  All I know is that my new companion is named Sister Tia (I think) and that she's from California.  I also understand that I will be going to Trinidad in a few weeks to do doing training tradeoffs in Guadeloupe and Martinique.

The new senior couple (the Thompsons) arrived this week.  We also had a nice visit from the Monsons (not THE Monsons, but another senior couple) from Trinidad who came up here to show us the 2015 celebration presentation -- which is basically a huge celebration to commemorate the West Indies being dedicated for missionary service 25 years ago.

There was a member who passed away this week and while the branch members were helping out with the funeral service etc, I couldn't help but notice their peace and calmness throughout the process. I was comforted in the fact that all of the members had that peace because we are so blessed to know about the Plan of Salvation.  There is life after death and Heavenly Father has prepared a place for all of His children.  I am so grateful for this knowledge and the doctrine that we know to be true.  It truly is amazing.  As I've been studying D&C 59 so much (because we've been asked to teach the Sabbath day to the members) I've come to know how true D&C 59:23 is: "But learn that he who doeth the works of righteousness shall receive his reward, even peace in this world, and eternal life in the world to come."
 
Much Love,
Sister Crompton

No comments:

Post a Comment