Monday, November 25, 2013

My New Companion

So this week was a very odd week.  It was sad saying goodbye to Sister Joseph at the airport and despite some difficulties she did end up getting to Tobago safely.  After dropping her off though, we had a few hours where I had to stay at the senior couple's home because there are no other sisters on the island for me to be with while waiting for the new one who was planned to come in a few hours later.  Well, after waiting a while in their apartment we found out that my new companion's flight from SLC was delayed from the MTC and she wasn't coming in until Friday morning which would leave me with 2 days and nights with no companion.
 
It was a great experience, though, because I spent the time with the Wrights (outgoing senior couple) who had their daughter and son-in-law come in and they showed them around the island.  That night we had shwarma's, which is kind of like a gyro but even better (see picture below).
 
That night Sister Thompson (the Thompsons are the new senior couple) stayed with me and it was really great to get to know her more.  The whole next day I was with the Thompsons while they were moving in.  I think it was meant to be that Sister Thompson was staying with me the next night because she's a registered nurse and I woke up sick for the first time on my mission.  She thinks I caught some virus that's been going around on the island.  Of course it's the morning that my brand new companion was coming in.  I felt so bad that the first few days on her mission she had to stay inside with her sick trainer.  I'm feeling much better now and am so grateful renewed health.

My new companion, Sister Tia, is awesome.  She's originally from Samoa but grew up in California.  It's been really cool to hear about all of the Samoan traditions and culture.  She is so prepared to be out here and even though we've only had  few lessons because of my illness, we've been able to teach in great unity despite our inability to practice and her newness to the mission.

Our Branch Presidency changed this week and I think that there will be even more miracles happening on this island very soon.  We have such great members here on the island and I'm excited to be working with such amazing spirits.

I hope that everyone has a great Thanksgiving this week.  Thank you Mom for the package and if you haven't gotten my card yet -- Happy belated birthday!  I love you!

Much Love,
Sister Crompton
 
Goodbye, Sister Joseph!
 
St. Maarten missionaries (with senior couple, the Wrights)
 
A shwarma
 
A beautiful vista!
 
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment