Monday, September 30, 2013

Receiving Answers

This week were able to continue teaching our members about the Law of the Fast.
 
I've really come to know how much the Lord blesses us when we put our prayers and trust in Him when we fast.  I was looking at my journal from entries about a year ago.  Last year, the Sunday before October General Conference, I was at school and I had fasted for help and guidance for what I should do the next few semester for school.  That Saturday the announcement came out (about the age change for sister missionaries) ... so the Lord definitely answers us and I know the power and the Spirit that comes from sincerely fasting with a purpose.
 
We've been focusing a lot on trying to get member referrals because that is how the church is going to grow and within the past 2 days we've received 3 member referrals.  It's been great and I know that the Lord is performing miracles here in St. Maarten.
 
We had an investigator who was working towards a baptism date but was still waiting on her answer to know if these things are true.  During our class on Sunday she received her answer that these things are true and she truly wants to get baptized.  It just goes to show how important members, church and sincere prayer is towards receiving an answer from the Lord.
 
 
Were able to run into a family who had been taught about a year ago by the Sisters.  There are 7 kids in the family, four girls, and they are sooo adorable and fun-loving.  They remembered the missionaries and were all over us when we came.  The family may not have been ready then, but we're hoping and praying that they'll be ready now.  It goes to show that the work that we do is never wasted, even if we feel that people aren't into the gospel.  It's all about the Lord's timing.
 
I'm really excited for General Conference this weekend.  I can't believe that it's almost been a year since I was even given this opportunity to be out here at this time!
 
Much Love,
Sister Crompton
 
P.S. - For all who knew my love for the Shaytards, you can guess my excitement when I saw this on Mormon Messages :)
http://www.mormonchannel.org/video/mormon-messages?v=2700253803001

Sister Hanley (a 90-yr old member here) and my companion, Sister Joseph

A few days ago we were by an investigators house and these two little boys were dancing and singing (one decided to wear my glasses to look more "cool").

 
 

1 comment:

  1. Good morning, Sister Crompton!
    I'm so happy to see your happy post this morning! Thank you for your insightful message. Yes, this has been an amazing year of changes for many, filled with opportunities and blessings. Because you were able to be in the right place (in the gospel!) you were willing to make decisions that not only prove a blessing to you, but to your family and many families in St. Maarten

    ReplyDelete