Monday, September 23, 2013

Law of the Fast

First off I want to "shout out" to Grandmommy, Catie, Brooke Green and Madison Telles for the letters this week!  They all were just what I needed.
 
This week we were able to see who is really progressing and who's not.  We've had some great success with some of our referrals from members.  But we've also had some sad moments with some of the family members of our investigators saying they no longer want us to come to their house to teach.  You can't win them all, but it's still really sad to stop teaching people that want to be taught.

We have English class here 2 times a week and it's really interesting because the students are trying to learn English from me and I'm wanting to learn French from them -- so when I try to pronounce their words, they all just look at me and laugh.  I probably sound ridiculous and we all just laugh at the table.

I don't have much time this week but know that things here are going well.  We've been asked to teach more members about the Law of the Fast, because most of them have never fasted before and we've already seen miracles when members have fasted with us for missionary opportunities.

This week we were also able to have a meeting with the Red Cross and they want us to do a devotional for their youth in the end of October.  We are really excited to be working more with the community down here and we know that it'll bring good things to this little branch here on St. Maarten!

Much Love,
Sister Crompton
 
 Today when we hit some golf balls into the pond
 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment