Monday, September 2, 2013

First Week in St. Maarten

Well I arrived here in St. Maarten safely and on time (which is very rare for Liat, the Caribbean airline!)  It was actually really interesting because when I walked on the plane I saw a girl that we used to teach in St. Vincent who was just there for a few months and was heading back home to Canada, so I sat next to her and told her how to find missionaries in Canada.  It was really cool.
 
It is very beautiful here, but what I've learned so far on my mission is that there is always a price to pay for the beauty.
 
There are MANY different languages here and if it wasn't for my multi-lingual companion, it would make the work here VERY difficult.  Her name is Sister Joseph and she is from St. Lucia.  She's a hard worker, hilarious and a rockstar missionary ... so I'm very excited.
 
So after getting used to driving on the left side of the road for the past 7 months, I'm back on the right side and I was driving right away because Sister Joseph doesn't have a license.  It's very different here compared to St. Vincent ... more Americanized but all the different languages keep me humble.  There are quite a few medical students here in the branch and we had a good amount of investigators at church on Sunday.
 
Here in St. Maarten there is our companionship, 2 sets of Elders and the senior couple, the Wrights.  Elder Wright is actually the branch president here for now.  I'm excited for the work to build here.  I feel great things will come out of this island!

Much Love,
Sister Crompton :)
 
A vista of St. Maarten
 
Me and my companion, Sister Joseph

No comments:

Post a Comment