Monday, June 10, 2013

New "Comp" (Companion), Sister Bratt

So this week I actually got my first "real" trainee!
 
Her name is Sister Bratt (pronounced "brought") and she is from San Antonio Texas.
 
She went to BYU-I too!  Just different tracks.  We found out that we even had a few of the same teachers at school.  She's real nice and super spiritual.  I know that she's going to be amazing.

This past week has been real fun.  Last P-day we went to Indian Bay near where Brother and Sister Bird live and we walked across the rocks to the little island!
 
On Friday we passed by these people who were moving some dirt in their back yard and were using this ax like tool to break up the dirt.  I volunteered to help them and they didn't believe that I would in my skirt and shoes ... so I proved them wrong and started pounding the dirt.  It was a great service opportunity, we got to know the family a bit more and afterwards the guy climbed up in the tree (barefoot) and got some coconuts and used his cutlass to cut off the top and gave us some nice coconut water and cucumbers!  Probably something that normal missionaries don't experience ...

We're excited for this next week for one of our investigators to be baptized, the family is just amazing and we're so happy and excited for them.

I hope everyone is doing well!

Much Love,

Sister Crompton

 Our last district meeting before the transfer
Golden Apple

Sister Bratt and me

No comments:

Post a Comment