Monday, February 18, 2013

My Address and 1st Zone Conference-Barbados

Hello Everyone!
So before I forget, a lot of people have asked me for my address. It turns out that mail is actually somewhat reliable because Sister Fish is getting mail left and right so if you feel so inclined to write me, mail it to 
P.O. Box 601
Kingstown
St. Vincent
St. Vincent and the Grenadines 

Letters do take a while to get here but they are much appreciated :)

So this week we flew to Barbados for Zone Conference. It was really nice to meet the other missionaries and finally meet President Mehr and Sister Mehr. It was fun to go out with the sister missionaries in Barbados, Sister Fish served there 6 months ago so we of course had to get some ice cream at this place called chilly moo's. The Conference was really good (and long) but I learned a lot. 
As far as the work goes, we've been able to see some progress in some of our investigators. One of them came to church on Sunday, her name is Alicia and her little sister is Afeesha. They're real fun and entertaining. The kids are so cute. There's some members right by our house named the Tuckers and they have their kids there, Tess and Josh and they are soo adorable. I've trained them so say my name and actually get it right :)
One thing that I've been studying and learning a lot about this week is about the trials we're given and the need to be humble. I remember one of my bishops at BYUI said "The more uncomfortable we are, the more willing we are to learn". We are given trials and afflictions because it makes us uncomfortable and humble. Those are the times when we are learning and growing the most. I've thought about it a lot because being new here is definitely made me uncomfortable at first but I've been learning so much and it's times like these where we really need to remember the hard times so we can learn from them later on. 
Well I don't have much time and I want to try and upload pics :)
Much Love,
Sister Crompton




five finger fruit


Josh and Tess

Alicia and Affeisha







Reunited with Sis Edmonds :)


No comments:

Post a Comment