Monday, January 14, 2013

I'll be Missing Em

I think that the relationships we make and have with people are one of the most important things we can attain on this earth. They are one of the few things we take with us when after we die. 
I have been so blessed to have the best friends and the best family that anyone can have. 
I grew up in an amazing family. My parents have always made our home a safe place to be. They have showed me how to love and have taught me so much. My brother has been such a great example to me by also serving a mission and by having incredible faith that it just so admirable. I have been blessed to have an older sister who is so loving and has such an open heart for everyone. I've always looked up to her talents and creative mind. My younger sister has been an incredible example to me and has grown to be one of my best friends. We are so different but so alike at the same time and I'm so proud of her and everything that she's doing right now. 
Beth and I have known each other for so long and I don't know how on earth I would've survived high school without her. She is the funniest girl I know. We are so weird individually, and even weirder when we're together. But we can't be anything but ourselves around each other. It doesn't take much for us to be satisfied. Just put on some fun., give us some Paula's Hair Peru's Chicken and we'll be set for a few hours. Beth and I have been through so much together and she has really taught me how to make light out of any dark situation. 
And then there's Gabbi. I am so happy that Gabbi and were able to be roommates this past year and especially this past semester. We literally just think the same thoughts and I would honestly trust her with my life. Gabbi is so outgoing and so inspirational. She is just a rockstar in whatever she does and I am REALLY going to miss being roommates with her while I'm gone. I'm going to miss our "west wing" and our deep convos late at night and let's be honest...I'm going to miss betsey. Gabbi is so sincere and honest and I can't imagine my life without her.

Catie and I met the summer of 2007 at E.F.Y. when we were both going through the most awkward stages of life but have somehow stayed friends through it all. Catie is one of the sweetest friends she really cares for everyone. I don't know ANYONE who doesn't love Catie. I'm so happy for her right now and I am going to miss her so much. I'm going to miss our drawings in our classes, just "varting" around and her wild side that comes out after coming home from pizza pie. Like Gabbi, I don't know how I would've survived college life so far without her. 
  
I met Louisa (and Cody) sooo much. I met Louisa at E.F.Y. and she has grown so much from the time I've been blessed to know her. She has one of the strongest testimonies I know and I look up to her so much. She cares for me so much and she is all of our moms at school. She is one hot sneaky mom. She is such an amazing artist and I would get jealous of her amazing art talent every time I had to scan my ugly artwork after hers for our freakin online art homework. Louisa is so diligent and so trusting in the Lord and I can't help but just hope that I can be as strong and diligent as she is.

And then there's Kelly
Kelly is so beautiful. She has one of the sweetest spirits I know and she has taught me so much these past years. She has taught me how to see my true potential and has always supported me no matter what. Kelly has shown true bravery these past couple months and I have really admired for that as well. Kelly cares so much and I don't think that anyone can return the love that she gives to other people. She is just so amazing and loving and I know that she will grow so much while I'm gone and I can't wait to come back to her :)


There are so many other people that I am going to miss so much but I just don't have enough time. These friendships are friendships that I know will last forever. I can't express the love that I feel for them right now and how my heart aches that I'll be leaving them. The message that I will be sharing is so important, that I am voluntarily leaving these relationships behind for 18 months to spread it. It makes me sad to leave them but I am so happy for the relationships that I will be making and the fact that I will be introducing people to the gospel and truth. 
I am so excited to meet the people that I am supposed to meet while I am in the West Indies. I am so grateful for this opportunity to serve and I just hope that I can be the best missionary that I can be. 


No comments:

Post a Comment