Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Sister Crompton's First Report from the MTC!

[EDITOR'S NOTE: This post was extracted from an email we received from Katelyn today.  She has asked that we publish her weekly updates on this blog, with links also provided on Facebook and Twitter.  While you are welcome to post comments on any of these media, please understand that she will not see them and can not reply. -- Tom Crompton]

Dear Friends and Family,

I made it to my first P-day!!

First and foremost I want to wish Gabbi a HAPPY BIRTHDAY before she leaves off for Fiji.  I love you so much and I hope you have so much fun laying on the beach and actually have the opportunity to go in ocean ... haha.

I want to give a shout out to Derrick who decided to write "Sister Swag Crompton" on my letter.  Everyone laughed when my DL read it out loud.

There are a LOT of new sister missionaries entering the MTC now and we're one of the first waves.  My companion is Sister Edmonds and she is awesome!  She also went to BYUI this past year and I'm so lucky and blessed to be companions with her.  We're the only ones in our district going to the West Indies, everyone else is going to Mesa, Arizona.  Every one else in our district is also here for 3 weeks whereas we are only here for two.  Our teacher pulled us aside a few days ago and told us that we are THE FIRST to go through the two week program that they are going to start doing in the February so that's kind of cool.

I'm learning a lot here at the MTC and I now know what little time missionaries have.  We're super stoked to be leaving next week considering it's FREEZING here in Utah.  My heart goes out to Catie, Louisa, Cody and everyone else at BYUI who is probably dealing with colder weather than we are.

I ran into a sister I knew at BYUI who is going to the DC South mission.  Her name is Sister McCormick so keep an eye out for her in the next couple weeks.  I don't have that much time to write here because we're going to the temple soon.

We are leaving a week from today, the 29th, so if you want me to write you please write me on dearelder.com so I can get your addresses.  I want to have time to upload pictures below ... so yeah.

I love you all and I hope that everything is going well at home.

LOVE,

Sister Crompton :)



The many different ways to pronounce Gochenour


 Writin them letters :)
 This is what P-day in the MTC looks like ( LOTs of letter writing and sack lunches)

No comments:

Post a Comment