Sunday, December 2, 2012

Called to SERVE!

THIS is what I got in the mail on Thursday November 29th


THIS is what it read

Dear Sister Crompton: 
You are hereby called to serve as a missionary of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. You are assigned to labor in the West Indies Mission. It is anticipated that you serve for a period of 18 months. 
You should report to the Provo Missionary Training Center on Wednesday, January 16, 2013.

THIS is where I'm going



THIS is what it felt like to be there




THIS is how I feel

To say that I'm excited would be an understatement. I honestly had NO idea that I was going to be sent to serve as a missionary in the WEST INDIES!!!
It probably has to be the best mission, lets be REAL! ALL missions are awesome, but when I first opened the letter I saw the W and I thought it was going to be Wyoming (and there's NOTHING wrong with being sent there) but I almost freaked out...
I mean I guess I did freak out...but in a good way :)
I am SO excited that in a few short months I will be preaching the Gospel of Jesus Christ
I know that this gospel is true and I can't wait to have the opportunity to introduce it and see the blessings it has on other people's lives. I know that this is going to be one of the hardest things I'll ever do but I also know that it will also be one of the most rewarding this I will ever do. I'm so grateful for the opportunity I have to serve at this time in my life and I hope that I will be blessed as I embark on this journey! :)


2 comments: